All ‘Programme Making and Special Events’ must, by law, be licensed in the UK to withheld these equipment if directly associated with an event.

These are the types of licences that can be issued from numerous companies.

Radios used for general security, catering or crowd control, will need a licence issued by Ofcom.

Ways to buy a licence


You can book frequencies online for short-stay and long-stay* use of:

  • Wireless microphones and personal monitors
  • Duplex and Presenter Talkback
  • Portables (walky-talkies)
  • Camera control
  • Duplex stage intercom
  • Wireless Cameras
  • Vision links for short-range
  • Audio Distribution Systems


You can buy UK Wireless Microphone and personal monitor licences, including:

  • 1 and 2 year licences for use of UHF frequencies throughout the UK
  • 1 year licence for use of VHF frequencies throughout the UK

You can renew your existing licence for:

  • 1 and 2 year UK Wireless Microphone Licences
  • 1 year standard licences

*Except at congested major events and subject to frequency availability


We issue licences so frequencies can be coordinated and interference avoided. By using unlicensed equipment you can cause interference to licensed users.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

20 + 1 =